Click here for information.Details
PFT Health and Welfare Fund Benefits
The Philadelphia Federation of Teachers Health and Welfare Fund was established to provide members and their qualified beneficiaries with collectively bargained benefits, including prescription, dental, vision, long term disability, professional development and retirement counseling. This website describes all the benefits that are available to you as a Participant in the Fund, and the conditions under which the benefits are available. For detailed information about each benefit, please click on one of the above links or read the Summary Plan Description.
Newborn Insurance Coverage
Within 30 days of the birth, a newborn must be separately enrolled in School District Medical Insurance as well as the PFT Health and Welfare Fund.
Within 30 days of the birth, complete the enrollment application and return to the District Benefit office with a copy of the hospital birth record.
- SDP Health Application and Attestation
- This application is for all SDP provided insurance plans
- Complete all sections in entirety.
- Fax application and a copy of hospital birth record to the Benefits Office at (215) 400-4631 or email to email@example.com. Call (215) 400-4630 to confirm receipt of the application and hospital records.
- If you are CASA, Non-Represented, SPAP or PFT member and have a spouse or partner enrolled in your medical coverage, you must complete page 2, Letter of Attestation, for any requested change.
Within 60 days from date of birth – Fax a copy of the child’s birth certificate and Social Security Number to (215) 400-4631 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call (215) 400-4630 to confirm receipt.
This must be submitted in addition to the PFT Health & Welfare Fund enrollment card. It is mandatory that you submit the separate and distinct documentation to the respective organizations within 30 days of the birth.
- If you wish to change your address, or to add or delete a dependent, click on the ‘Notice of Change‘ form which outlines what documentation is required. Mail the form and documentation to the Fund, attn: Eligibility 1816 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19103.
- Health and Welfare Benefits (dental, vision and prescription) are effective upon Five (5) months of service.
- In compliance with the Affordable Care Act, participants have the option of purchasing months four (4) and five (5). Call the Health and Welfare Fund office at (215) 561-2722 for more information.
Act 48 Compliance period‐‐The Public School Code was further amended to extend “each professional educator’s current continuing professional education compliance period” by one year. Note. This is a one‐time only extension. After this compliance period, the compliance period under the statute is five years.Details